Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mozarella Sticks - from scratch?

Yes - do not try this at home!! I got a new cookbook last week and have been salivating as I read through the recipes – I even spent $460.00 at the grocery store on Sunday! (We really were out of everything though.)

The recipe in the book has a scrumptious photo of perfect, restaurant looking mozzarella sticks – so I had to try it too. Well, the breading got all wadded up, egg mixture was everywhere, and the breaded cheese stick looked nothing like the picture! They’re back in the freezer and I’m going to try again tomorrow – using a long, flat pan for the egg and the breading. Maybe they’ll turn out better if I roll them through the breading?




I’ll definitely post the end result photos. In case you are wondering what terrific cook book I am so excited about, it’s the Gooseberry Patch’s Family Favorite Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Home Recipe Widget