Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yummy Pancakes!!!

Tonight I was clever and decided to get ahead of myself by making extra pancakes for the boys to grab when they’re hungry – they are forever complaining that there is nothing to eat in the house!!! Well, I saw the recipe on some Greek yogurt that I bought (0 fat & tons of protein) & thought it looked very easy. It was & I got some “extra” time tonight & quit playing Solitaire Blitz on Facebook long enough to make a batch!
Greek Yogurt Pancakes Original Recipe: 
12 oz vanilla yogurt
1 ½ C all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 egg
¾ C milk

 Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together wet ingredients. Pour into dry mixture and stir until just combined. Over med-high heat, scoop ¼ C batter onto skillet per pancake. Flip when bubbles appear. Cook until golden brown.

My notes: I doubled the recipe (I freeze the extra pancakes for later in the week – or later that night where my teenage son is concerned). I also let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes after I finished mixing it. It was too thick for my liking so I added some (just eyeballed it) more milk. I also added 2 TBSP of sugar & 2 TBSP lemon juice to make them light & fluffy. I added 1 TBSP of vanilla (remember the batter was too thick for me) and eyeballed a little bit of cinnamon – the vanilla & cinnamon were strictly for taste! By doubling the recipe, I got about 30 pancakes out of this batch. I bet they’ll be gone by tomorrow!!!
 Source: Chobani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Home Recipe Widget