Monday, July 13, 2009

My Layout Style?

IDK if I have a style per say. I just do what I feel. It really depends on the photos I'm scrapping, then I pick a kit I think would compliment those photos. If I'm documenting memories then I'll include a bit of explanation journaling (who, what, when, why, and where) the date, etc... Because when I'm no longer around, I want people to look back at those pages and read the specifics on the layouts. Not go, "Huh? That's a pretty page, but what's going on?"



However - sometimes I'm in a playful mood & will create a layout just for the sake of creating. Like any design endeavor - I've noticed a trend lately of "More is Less". I think the result is very beautiful & there are so many pictures that really go with that look. IMHO - these layouts leave out crucial details - like the who, what, when, why, and how. Someday people will be admiring the page's beauty, marveling at how young the subject looks, and reminisce to the "good ole days", but they will have questions ...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful LOs! I totally hear what you mean. I love all those simply done LOs but these's no title or no journalling... I'm not a big journaller but I try to write something but I usually write it small and somewhere where it doesn't distract from the picts. TFS!!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to hear your view on this, as I have had the same question buzzing for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about layouts without an explanation or journaling, I think I'm guilty of that sometimes too! I like your first page better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My scrapping style is all over the place too. I think I've dabbled in almost every style there is. It's fun to try new things.

    ~Harmonystar

    ReplyDelete

Taste Of Home Recipe Widget