Friday, May 8, 2009

Doctor, Lawyer, and Guns joke

My baby brother Nick sent me this joke. He is a passionate gun owner & we have a blast (literally) when he comes down to visit. I swear I think my husband loves Nick more than me because every time Nick comes for a visit he brings Scott ammo, hunting equipment, and twice he brought us gun safes (5' by 3', solid, heavy kind)!







Doctors vs. Gun owners
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S.is: 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are: 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is: 0.171.
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services

Now think about this:
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is: 80,000,000
(Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is: 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is: .000188.
Statistics courtesy of the FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.' ;) JK, lol!!

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!

I wonder what’s the number of gun crimes committed by doctors as opposed to the average legal gun owner? ;) JK, lol!!
Seriously though, IMHO – no matter what laws and restrictions you make on the legal ownership of a firearm, the criminals will still get their hands on them & continue to commit crimes.

And while I have your attention - let's teach our kids to handle guns properly and safely. IMHO - there is not enough emphasis on the legitimate use of guns for hunting and shooting sports. Thank goodness for 4-H and TWRA for their wonderful shooting sports programs!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard this one yesterday... I laughed so hard! How true! Great post & great photos. I'm with you on the gun safety issue too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta say I agree with everything you've posted here and it's good to see a kiddo getting proper gun training.

    ReplyDelete

Taste Of Home Recipe Widget