Monday, May 4, 2009

Learning To Blog, (i)NSD Free"bee" Template Winner, and a Designer Call

I actually have a few things to blog about tonight! I am taking a class through Digital Scrapbooking Classes on blogging basics. So, hopefully I'll be able to update the look of my blog & it'll look cool like some of my favorites! (I will not be posting a pic of Robert Pattinson\Edward Cullen tho - Flergs has way better pix than me & has a corner on that market!) I just have to work on interesting posts for my blog! ;)

I was more interested in human interaction here vs. getting a "Blogging for Dummies" book or wading through hours of help forums!

I was fortunate to host a chat at Scrap Orchard this past Saturday. I gave away some template free"bees" - that you can still pick up in the forum (you do have to join, but that's free too)! We were playing for points & I let everyone know I was going to post the winner on my blog - so here's the winner:



I looked for a few things in choosing the winner:
1. Definite color scheme
2. Journaling that included info such as date, places, etc ...
3. Design "flow" of the page
4. Personal touches on the template - your addition of shadows & other styles

Congrats to carriesmom! Thank you all for playing & I hope you use & re-use the templates. If you flip them you can create more LOs that don't look so much alike! I'll be posting more LOs in the digi world that I used variations of the templates.

I would like to announce that soon Polka Dot Plum will have their own store & Amy & Lauren are looking for designers!



I'm sure there will be a GRAND opening & great freebies, prizes, deals, etc. very soon. Doesn't the color scheme look great?!

9 comments:

  1. I'm doing the course with you... will be great to see what we each come up with over the course of the month

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! So excited for you to be taking the blogging class with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay ... I love the layout, so gorgeous and precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your header. I'm very excited about the blog class hope we learn lots of great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blogging course sounds like a great idea - I could have done with that....maybe I still could!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the info on the course -- sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could use a blogging class, too! Those colors are very pretty for polkadotplum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy, another fellow classmate here, love your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty LO! I'll bet that chat was a blast, I just LOVE SO.

    ReplyDelete

Taste Of Home Recipe Widget